Articles

Tuesday = Snow

In Rambles on February 28, 2006 by alanswan

Hello,

Slept it out today but managed to catch the train. Used travel time to catch up on reading and podcasts. God dammit, back listening to Coldplays new album, thought I’d bet the addiction. Also fitting in The Feeling and Razorlight.

So on todays show we featured young Donal from Dublin who won Junior Mastermind on the BBC. So we ran a small quiz featuring some of the questions that 11 year old Donal was asked in the final. The challenge was set to see if an 11 year old was more clever then you. 80% of you who texted in got it right. That leaves 20% who should still be now hanging their heads in shame. SHAME ON YOU! Elsewhere on the show – I had a great chat with Liz Fraser author of “The Yummy Mummy’s Survival Guide”. She was a pleasure to talk to and I learned that I know nothing about babies or child birth. Something for down the road I think! Going to post some behind the scenes photos of the station on Friday so you can figure out how little or how much work we do here. Also today I’m going to start posting my show playlist of what I’ve played during the programme.

So here goes,

Music from todays show – Tuesday 28th Feb 06

The Pretenders – Don’t get me wrong, The Cars – My best friends girl, Juliet Turner – Take the money and run, Elton John – Blue Eyes, Girls Aloud – Whole lotta history, Tyler James – Why do I do, Snow Patrol – How to be dead, Corinne Bailey Rae – Put your records on Michael Buble – Moondance, Zucchero – Senza Una Donna, Paul Simon – Me and Julio down by the school yard, Luan Parle – Failed Romances, Brian Kennedy – Every song is a cry for love, Cher – Just like Jesse James, Lee Ryan – Army of lovers. Sophie Ellis Bextor – Take me home / CLASSIC NUMBER ONE @ QUARTER TO ONE Musical Youth – Pass the dutchie and finally Christopher Cross – Never be the same.

So tommorow I’m going to stick my long neck out and predict oscars, review a couple of new cd’s out and some books I can’t wait to get my hands on. Oh and 24. Sad eh? Finally it’s snowing in Carlow – YES! (I’m such a child) Cya, Alan
***Please Note*** The links provided are for your convenience and are in no way connected with this blog. Through these links, this blog is not responsible for the content of these external internet sites.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: